Total Pageviews

Friday, July 2, 2010

A BETTER CHANGE

I was not able to watch the inauguration speech of President Noynoy Aquino last June 30. But thanks to the internet and media, i was able to read some updates of about the new leader of our state. Honestly speaking, I did not vote for the guy, but I do believe in the sincerity of his speech. I was able to read some updates in the internet about the raising of the government revenue by collecting some taxes, the cutting of the red tape, the developing of trading centers to help the agricultural sector of the country, the raising of the number of jobs, the raising of the number of soldiers and police, and the removal of the priveledge class.

In this article, first, I would like to raise my points why I have not voted for Noynoy. I have so much respect for the Aquino family and for what they have done to reshape our country's dying political and economical status then. I have always been thankful because of what former senator Benigno Aquino has done. There is no greater deed than to sacrifice your life for your own country. And who could forget the heroic act of former president Aquino of leading the people into a People Power Revolution to oust the Marcos administration. But Ninoy is Ninoy, and Tita Cory is another heroine who undeniably is one of he biggest contributors in the history of our nation, that's a fact and no one can change those facts even if you turn the world. One of the reasons why I did not vote for President Noynoy is that I do think that his political experience and leadership skills are not competent enough to lift our country's economic status. I do think that President Noynoy could have become an effective leader if he had just run for another senate seat, at least for the next three years or more. I do also think that the newly elected president doesn't have enough "medicine" to cure our country's long-time cancer, which is poverty-one of it is money. President Noynoy may have the courage enough to face our country's unresolved problems that has went on through the decade like drug addiction, unemployment and poor education. President Noynoy could have still developed his political and leadership skills if he continued his political career in the lower house. His promises are no different anymore, I have heard and read so much of it in the past administrations. Today, the evidence of those broken promises are still visible when we look around us. There are still naked young street children in the streets of Baclaran or you can still the youths sniffing rugby and syrup in Rizal park instead of seeing them attending classes in decent classrooms. There are also the homeless individuals spending their nights in the wild sidewalks of Quiapo instead of hearing they are in a safe and clean shelters. Until now, the so-called Strong Republic is not yet existing, I have not yet seen even the shadow the such plan. I could not help but complain because me, myself, and ordinary individual is extremely affected by such irresponsible governance. This should not be the way a good administration leading. My salary should have been more than enough for my basic needs, but in my civil status as a single, I'm like a married man with 2 wives and a dozen of children. While our neighboring countries in Southern Asia are paving their ways to be acknowledge as one of the most powerful nations in terms of economic and political status, we in the Philippines are still struggling on our way to get of the shadows of the third world countries.

Eventhough President Noynoy was not my choice I do still believe that he will not put their clan into an shame. I do believe that he will be always be man enough to continue the legacy of his parents. And I do believe that the only way that he can have this dream fulfilled is through the the help of the Filipino people who have supported him all the way to the top.

No comments:

Popular Posts